1. Invite your guests by sending out coloful “creature” invitations. Create a fun party scene by setting your party table with a theme table cover, plates, cups, napkins and centerpiece.
2. Decorate your party room by using lavender, sun yellow, bright blue and white balloons to add color. Be sure to have a “Happy Birthday” Banner at the entryway to greet your guests.
3. For another great way to decorate, draw the pet shop village and shops on poster board or white butcher paper and hang the drawings on the wall to make the kids feel like they are really in the village!
4. Let the children decorate boxes and design houses for their own pets. Use foam flowers, stickers, markers, construction paper and wallpaper samples.
5. “Musical Lily Pads.” Draw or make felt lily pads to have the kids jump onto. This game is played just like musical chairs. Play music and when the music stops, each child jumps on a lily pad. The one left standing is out. Remove one lily pad and start the game again. Repeat until there is only one lily pad left. Reward the winner with a Littlest Pet Shop notepad.
6. You can also play “Kibble Toss.” Get some beanbags and have the kids try to throw the beanbags into a large clean dog dish. Whoever gets the most beanbags into the dog dish can win a Bobbing Head Dog or Kooky Chew treats.
7. Let the kids decorate their own party bags. Use Paw Print stamps and animal stickers to decorate a fun party bag.
8. Let the children go on a Paw Print scavenger hunt. Hide small Paw Prints all over the house or wherever you are hosting the party and let the kids go and find them. Whoever finds the most wins. You can use Push Pop candy or Bouncing Putty as prizes.
9. Paint the kids’ faces by painting animal features (such as a nose and whiskers) of their favorite pet shop creatures!
10. When the party’s over, fill your guests’ party bags with a mix of candy, Cat and Dog finger Puppets, a Bobbing Head Dog, Animal Super Balls, Butterfly rubber rings, Finger animal puppets, and some Pet tattoos.
Following these top 10 ideas will help you host a wonderful, memorable party. Have fun!